As COVID-19 cases continued to spread around the world, businesses began to shift their workforce to work remotely. We were right there with them. Many of our customers have approached us to discuss the implementation of a secure and mobile workforce to prepare for the worse.
In the article, we highlight the top six ways to prepare for a mobile workforce:
- Extend identity and access management beyond corporate offices. Implementing a hybrid environment that helps expand existing systems to use cloud-based identity management services such as Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) enables employees to work securely from anywhere.
- Secure users’ accounts with Multi-factor authentication (MFA). Easy to implement and use, MFA and conditional access policies adds additional layers of security by prompting your users to verify their identity to gain access to business apps and data.
- Modernize your device management. With more employees begin to work remotely, businesses began to support bring-your-own-device (BYOD). By Implementing Microsoft Intune and Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEM), IT can enroll devices and deploy business applications, configurations such as (VPN) and validate the device’s health compliance status against Azure AD.
- Productivity and Collaboration. It’s crucial to streamline data access to your employees. Microsoft 365 brings a suite of applications and services that enables users to access their data and easily share content without relying on the corporate network. Begin by migrating users’ home folders to OneDrive, analyze corporate shared data, and assess the adoption of SharePoint.Microsoft 365 also offers Teams. Considered as a virtual office, Microsoft Teams provides group-based chats, online meetings, phone systems, and more while ensuring appropriate security and compliance policies are in place.
- Legacy Business applications. While the cloud offers a vast line of business applications, there are still applications that require legacy infrastructures (server-based). Consider shifting to Microsoft Azure and Windows Virtual Desktop. With Azure, businesses can scale and optimize their infrastructures to support their teams and offer them a full desktop experience.
- Prepare your team. The shift to the remote workplace should be an easy transition to your organization. For that, you need to educate and provide awareness training across your teams. Use Yammer to build communities, publish training resources and tips on how to set up their work-from-home environment. And use Teams to hold online training sessions for your employees to bring them up to speed and address any concerns they may have.
Shift To The Modern Workplace
Enabling a team to work remotely is an ongoing effort – from implementation and onboarding to security management and support. GOBI Technologies is a Microsoft Gold Partner that helps organizations plan and implement secure and modern workplace solutions. contact us to learn more about our capabilities.